The Flat Rock Historical Society sponsors a Flea Market twice a year. It is always held the first Sunday in May and October. The 70th Semi-Annual Flea Market will be on: May 4, 2014.
- Location: The Flat Rock Speedway, 1 mile south of Flat Rock, on Telegraph Road (also called US 24).
- Hours: Shoppers are admitted at 7 a.m. to close at 4 p.m. NO PETS ALLOWED. There is no admission or parking fee. Handicap parking, restrooms, and concession stands are available. Held rain or shine. This event usually attracts around 300 vendors and eight to ten-thousand shoppers.
Note-If there is a race in the evening please cooperate by not attempting to enter the speedway before midnight or later if the outgoing race traffic is not cleared.
- Parking: Due to insurance regulations, no one is allowed on the property until after midnight. Please do not line up along Telegraph Road before 12:00 a.m. You risk being ticketed. When you enter we will line you up for entrance into the vendor sales area. There are no advance parking reservations. Vendor parking will start as soon as possible. If you want to set up with another vendor, please come at the same time. If someone is joining you, leave their name at the gate. You can arrive any time during the night and we will park you on the next available space. Try to arrive before 6:00 a.m. so that you will time to set up. Gates open promptly at 7:00 a.m.
- Entrance Fees: Vendor's cost is $40.00 for a 20' x 20' space and is collected at the gate. Park your vehicle on your site. If it is too long you will need to buy the adjacent space, also at a cost of $40.00.
- Miscellaneous: Bring your own tables. We do not provide them. The "no pets" rule applies to vendors as well. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave. At the end of the day, nothing can be left on your space. Your trash must be removed by you.
- You cannot sell food or used clothing.
Call the Flat Rock Historical Society at (734) 782-5220. Leave a message with your question and phone number. We will return your call as soon as possible.
We hope to see you in October!
Back to Home Page WEBSITE DISCLAIMER